We're a global #nonprofit that has been saving lives and improving #health for 40+ years!
Americares is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Title: Intern, People and Talent
- Department: People and Talent
- Location: Remote *
- Reports To: Engagement Manager, Global Work Community
- Assignment Type:
- Spring 2023: January to May 2023. Monday- Friday (20 hours per week with flexible hours).
- Summer 2023: June 5 through August 11. Monday- Thursday; 9AM- 4PM EST (28 hours per week)
- Compensation: $15/ hour
- Application Requirements: Resume and a cover letter that addresses the following prompts:
- What is an example of in your school, life, and/or internship/ job that works on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion?
- What is an example you have of that embodies a “global experience and/or mindset”?
- Why are you excited about an internship with the People and Talent team?
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading nonprofit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
Department and Position Summary:
Americares People and Talent department takes a leadership role in providing service in support of Americares vision by promoting the concept that our people are our most valuable resource. We act as a catalyst to enable all Americares people to contribute at optimum levels toward the success of our humanitarian and public health program objectives. We provide programs, services and advice that help the organization attract, develop, motivate, and retain a diverse workforce within a supportive mission-driven work environment. We do this with an emphasis on customer service based on consultation, best practice, and communication with Americares management and staff, globally.
The mission of the People and Talent Intern is to learn and function in the recruitment, programmatic, and development pieces of the summer program, and Americares internships. Some responsibilities to achieve the mission of this role include;
- Recruiting and selection of summer interns.
- Creating welcome/ onboarding activities for the incoming intern class.
- Organizing programmatic pieces for the internship program and assisting with the development of the program agenda.
- Leading engagement activities with interns throughout the internship program.
- Refreshing of internal communications and marketing.
- Identifying and documenting best practices for a successful internship program.
- Working cross functionally with other colleagues on the P&T team.
What we hope you can take away and gain:
- Learn about human resources in the non-profit space, including recruitment and selection.
- Understand employee engagement and intentional programming as it functions in creating organizational culture.
- Think strategically about processes and practices.
- Work collaboratively in a global team in an environment that requires flexibility and multitasking.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a DEI and global lens in evaluating systems and processes.
- You are cross collaborative and can work in a cross-cultural work environment.
- You have oral and written communication skills.
- You take initiative and are proactive.
- You have passion for Americares mission/ humanitarianism.
- You have background or interest in the following majors/ areas of focus: Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial & Organizational Psychology, General Management, Organizational Behavior.
- You have knowledge of employee engagement and creating a culture of impact.
- You have skills to work remotely in a global environment.
- You have language in at least one of our core languages: Spanish, Tagalog, Hindi, Kiswahili, Haitian Creole (this would be a plus, but is not a requirement) .
- You have included a resume and cover letter (required).
We know not all applicants will demonstrate all the competencies we’re looking for. We encourage you to apply even if you do not check all the boxes, and we look forward to reviewing your application holistically.
What you can expect in the recruitment process:
- Video interview with People and Talent recruiter (30 minutes).
- Video interview with People and Talent Team (1 hour).
- Reference check.
- Offer and background check.
As a global health organization, we are committed to ensuring a safe environment for our staff, partners, and visitors. All Americares staff and visitors who are on-site at any of our locations or will be traveling for work are required to be fully vaccinated (which includes a booster, when eligible) against COVID-19 unless an exemption required by law is applicable.
* Americares is currently authorized to support remote work employees in the following locations: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington.
To request a disability accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit americares.csod.com.