Canada’s leading source of high-quality health data. Principale source de données de grande qualité sur la santé au pays.
- Location: Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Canada
- Contract Duration: 4 months
- Range minimum: $31,537.00/year
Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada’s health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada’s health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include:
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Generous vacation days for permanent and long-term contracts
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job for permanent and long-term contracts
Why is this role important?
As a member of the copy-editing team in the Creative and Language Services Department, you help ensure that CIHI’s publications are clear and useful. l.
Please note this is a hybrid position, the expectation is the Co-op Student would report to one of the CIHI offices (Ottawa or Montréal) one day a week. The rest of week will be worked from home.
What you’ll do
- Proofread English documents according to industry and department standards within the time set by the copy-editing team lead
- Contribute to research and discussion about linguistic and typographical standards
- Support the editing team in day-to-day activities
- Perform various other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the table
- Strong written English language skills (French an asset)
- A strong eye for detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit www.cihi.ca and check out the ‘Careers’ section.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID-19. CIHI is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CIHI requires proof of vaccination for all of our employees unless a valid accommodation under legislation exists.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit clients.njoyn.com.